How to Register


If you were registered for the past semester or are registered for the current semester, you will be able to enroll yourself. Please follow these steps:

  1. Log in to MyUI
  2. Submit the Student Billing Agreement
    Each semester, every student will need to submit the Student Billing Agreement prior to enrolling in courses.
  3. Get authorized: Contact Anne Sparks in the Graduate College. Once you provide information about the course(s) you are registering for, Anne Sparks will provide the authorization you will need to enroll.
  4. Enroll in your course by entering the course information under the COURSES/REGISTRATION tab and clicking on the blue Enroll button.

If you are a current student but are not eligible to register for the current semester, please contact Distance and Online Education (, 319-335-2575 or 800-272-6430); they will assist you in updating your record so you may proceed with registration.


You will apply as a Graduate Continuing Education Distance student. Follow the instructions you find at the link below.

Distance Education Nondegree, Admission & Enrollment Instructions
Begin by setting up an account with Admissions. Log into Admissions with an email and password, then fill out the Distance and Online Nondegree application (use the link above and choose GRADUATE or UNDERGRADUATE under Step 1. Apply).

  • If you have applied or taken a course at the University of Iowa within the last 12-months, you may skip to Step 4. Student Billing Agreement.
  • For students new to the university, once you have applied, you will receive an email asking you to choose your Hawk ID and password. Please check junk mail or spam. Set-up your Hawk ID ASAP.
  • There is no admission or application fee.
  • If your course requires special permission to enroll, please contact the course contact, instructor or
  • For graduate students only: transcripts will need to be submitted prior to the end of the course to receive academic credit. Arranging to have them sent during the admission process or at the beginning of the course ensures you will receive graduate credit. Official transcripts showing your baccalaureate (or higher) degree need to be sent to the Office of Admissions, 107 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242-1396.

If you need assistance, please contact us at or 319.467.0110.